Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano X
Ledger Nano S - Transparent
Ledger Nano S - Jade Green
Passport - Founders Edition
BitBox 02 - Multi edition
BitBox 02 - Bitcoin only edition
Tangem Card: Multi Currency
Ledger Nano S Plus
A hardware wallet is a physical electrical device that you use to secure your cryptos such as bitcoin, ethereum, cardano, dogecoin or other altcoins. A hardware wallet allows you to be in charge of your crypto currency and not have to leave it with a third party that can be hacked. Other terms used for a hardware wallet are 'external wallet', 'cold wallet' and 'cold storage'.
Buy hardware wallet
Cryptomaan is the best place to buy your hardware wallet:
- We are experts on hardware wallet
- Get support from hardware wallet experts
- Same day shipping when ordered on a weekday
- Buy a seed phrase backup for optimal security
- Pay with credit card, PayPal, crypto or other desired payment methods
Which hardware wallets are there?
We offer the following hardware wallet brands:
- Coldcard / Coinkite
- Foundation Devices
What can a hardware wallet do?
With a hardware wallet you can:
- Receive crypto
- Manage crypto
- Send crypto
- Stake crypto (not all wallets can do this)
- Manage NFTs (not all wallets can do this)
- Connecting to DeFi (not all wallets can do this)
How does a hardware wallet work?
When setting up your hardware wallet, your wallet creates a private key. This is also the case with a software wallet. You need your private key to create a public key (public address/receipt address) on a blockchain. The person who owns the private key is the one who has access to a public key and can therefore send crypto.
This is the big difference with an exchange or software wallet. With an exchange you do not own the private key and with a software wallet your private key is on a device that is connected to the Internet.
We consider a seed-phrase backup to be essential to secure your seed-phrase and thus your crypto and to ensure access to your crypto. That's why we also offer bundles with both a hardware wallet and a seed-phrase backup.
What is the best hardware wallet?
What the best hardware wallet is for you depends on your own preferences. The following points may be of interest to you:
- A hardware wallet always works together with an application on your phone or computer. It is important for you that the application of your hardware wallet is available on the operating system of your phone or computer.
- A hardware wallet must communicate with your device. This can be done via bluetooth, cable or air-gapped. With air-gapped you don't make a connection but you exchange information by scanning QR codes or swapping an SD card.
- Not every hardware wallet can manage all the crypto currencies out there. Can the hardware wallet I have in mind secure my crypto coins?
- Which crypto coins do I want to stake with my hardware wallet?
- Do I want to be able to use DeFi protocols like MetaMask or MyEtherWallet? Not every hardware wallet can do this.